The Star Wars canon says that light sabers are made with force crystals. Here at M4P we have discovered that force crystals can also be used to make desserts! The force crystals come in a finely ground form, and can be purchased in most grocery stores. Since the term “force crystals” sound intimidating for people not in the know, you can look for them under the much more consumer-oriented name, Jello.
Although not entirely consistent, Sith tend to prefer red, and the Jedi’s blue or green (In the expanded universe, Leia actually has red one.). Mace Windu of course, is so bad-ass that he harnesses energy from the dark side and has a purple lightsaber. We are assuming that the same would apply to force crystal foods. So whether your crystals come in the form or a lightsaber or Jello – choose wisely.
- Small clear (Han) Solo Cups
- Jello (Lime for Jedi, Cherry for Sith)
- Sparkling Water or Sprite for Jedi, Coke for Sith
- Cool Whip
- Food Coloring
- Lime Slices
- Optional: Flavoring for Cool Whip (lime juice, a little bit of Jello powder, alcohol is great too)
- Make the Jello with sparkling water, Sprite or Coke per instructions on the box.
- Pour into (Han) Solo cups. (If you use the boiling kind, let cool a bit first, so you don’t melt the cups)
- Let cool a bit, then cover in plastic wrap. Place in fridge.
- Mix half the Cool Whip with green food coloring, the other half with red. Feel free to add flavorings to the whip cream.
- Once the Jello is firm, add Cool Whip on top, and decorate with lime slices or raspberries.
These work GREAT as Jello-shot for adults. Make with vodka instead of soda – or a bit of both. Though make sure you use much smaller cups!