Are Ewoks so cute you could just eat them up? OR, are they so annoying you just want to bite their heads off? Ewoks are pretty divisive creatures – either you love them or hate them. No matter which side you are on, this salad is for you, since you get to munch them right up.
This is a GREAT everyday dish. It’s often hard to get the family to eat green things. “Tricking” them into eating veggies by telling them it is vegetation from the moon of Endor and ewoks (+ rocks and stormtrooper helmets), works really well. And BOUNS, it is actually really good. The chocolate ewoks are very yummy paired with the feta cheese and the tart cherries. Try it!
- Vegetation from the Moon of Endor (Mixed Baby Greens or Baby Spinach)
- Ewoks (Regular and Chocolate Teddy Grahams)
- Rocks (Dried Cherries)
- Stormtrooper Helmets (Feta Cheese, or Goat Cheese Crumbles)
- Olive Oil and Vinaigrette
Kid Friendly Version:
- Mixed Baby Greens (or Baby Spinach)
- Regular and Chocolate Teddy Grahams
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Toss the greens with olive oil and vinaigrette
- Add half of your Ewoks, cherries and cheese.
- Toss again
- Add the rest of the Ewoks, cheese and cherries on top.
- Serve right away, and go all Sith on the little guys.
The bowl is melamine and was bought at Target about 3 years ago. You might be able to find it on ebay.
2 thoughts on “Ewok Salad”
What a clever way to get kids interested in at least trying salad!
Pingback: DIY Darth Vader “Revenge of the Fifth” Shirt | May the Fourth be with You Party