Give her (or him) a box of these chocolates and say: You take my breath away…
We geeks want to be wooed on Valentines Day as much as everyone else! And nothing will prove your love and understanding more than making your own Darth Vader Maraschino Cherry filled Chocolates for the Star Wars fan in your life! (At least that’s what the Hubby tells me) They look impressive, but it can be our secret that they are REALLY quick and easy to make!
First, make sure you get the Kotobukiya Star Wars silicone molds (or ice trays as they call them). Don’t get the knock-offs, they are cheaper, but not nearly as nice! If you order them from Amazon today, you can get them by Saturday – and you’ll just have enough time to make these by Sunday.
For many more types of Star Wars DIY chocolates and fillings – take look at this post. Or maybe try our chocolate Han Solo a la Mode.
- Darth Vader Silicone Tray
- Melting Chocolate (Trader Joe’s is my favorite, it melts wonderfully)
- Maraschino Cherries
- Microwaveable Bowl
- Tiny Spatula or Spoon
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Stir.
- Coat the bottom and the sides of the mold wells with chocolate. (a tiny spatula is really helpful)
- Wait until the chocolate hardens a little.
- Pick up a cherry with a fork (let most of the juices run off), and place in the chocolate well.
- Add second layer of chocolate (you might have to microwave to melt it again).
- Use spatula to smooth out the backs.
- Place in fridge to cool.
- Box them up nicely. Though first you might want to try 1, just to make sure they turned out OK…
Put the trays in the fridge as soon as they are poured. The chocolate can get a bit of a chalky dusting if it hardens at room temperature.
Since the cherries are supposed to be refrigerated, I recommend keeping the finished chocolates in the fridge while being stored.
2 thoughts on “Who needs Godiva when there are Darth Vader Chocolates? (DIY)”
Nom nom nom. What a great idea. 🙂
Pingback: DIY Darth Vader “Revenge of the Fifth” Shirt | May the Fourth be with You Party