Our house, September
– Sweetie it is time to get out of bed
– No, really, you have used up your snoozes, time to get up!
– How was school? Did the spelling quiz go OK?
– Great! I’m glad you liked recess, but what about the quiz?
– Hey buddy! There is NO hitting your sister! Honey, why did he hit you?
– GAAAAH! GAAAAH!
– gaaaaah! gaaaaaah! gaaaaaaaaah!
– You! No stealing you brother’s lightsaber. You! no hitting!
– I love you too! Good night!
- (in case you don’t watch movies with the subtitles on – GAAAAAH! is how they transcribe all of Chewie’s dialogue for the subtitles)
So the story goes that Chewie owes Han Solo his life. When Han was in the Imperial Army, he refused orders to kill Chewie. Han was discharged, and took up smuggling to make ends meet. Chewie came along to protect Han, to pay his debt as it were.
I’m not sure a life-debt necessarily means life-long friendship, but it surely is the case with those guys. (Assuming they are translating Chewbacca’s words correctly…You know, he could be cursing up a storm, and we wouldn’t know it! GAAAAAAAH!) Their loyalty is fierce, like family.