Come on, who does not LOVE getting presents? And who does not LOVE to tear them open right away? Not me, not this time. I recently received 3 small-ish boxes (from M4P friend Gene Ha) wrapped as Star Wars figures, and I just could not imagine that the inside could live up to the awesome outsides. So I didn’t, open them, for a looong, time.
Well, it turns out Gene (who we are featuring for the next few weeks…check out his Kickstarter campaign here) had made the wrapping in sections so I could carefully take it apart – just enough to get the box open, and then close everything up good as new.
So I did. And of course there was another squeal of delight when I saw what was inside, a bobble-head Wicket. Very meta!
…and stay tuned! The other 2 presents will follow the next few posts!
- Present: Wicket Bobble Head, OR check out our Gifts or Crafts sections for other ideas
- Brown Kraft Paper
- Dark Brown Paper
- Black Paper
- White Paper
- Glue stick
I have decided not to take them apart to figure out exactly how they were made, but we can tell pretty well from the pictures.
- Wrap the box with kraft paper.
- Cut a piece of kraft paper large enough to cover half the box, wrap the top part, but do not tape.
- While the paper is still on the box, draw a circle large enough for the face, and cut out.
- Now, wrap and tape together the hood. (Do not tape to the box – you’ll want the hood to be able to slide off)
- Cut eyes, ears and teeth.
- Glue in place.