In honor of M4P friend Gene Ha’s new Mae Graphic Novel Kickstarter campaign, we are going to feature Gene’s ideas for the next 4 weeks. First up, the M4P exclusive Wookiee Cookies.
Chewie-Chewy… Chewbacca… There is a pun in there some where. Let’s see. “Kids, this is the last time I tell you, finish to Chew back at the table!!”! Hm. That didn’t work quite as well as I had hoped…
Do you what works beautifully though? This recipe. Coconutty, chocolatey goodness all in the shape of a friendly Wookiee. Most definitely one of the yummiest things we have ever featured.
(There are a few other cookies called Chewie or Wookiee Cookies recipes available out there, but these are an M4P exclusive.)
- 14 oz Package Sweetened Shredded Coconut (5 cups or so)
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 2/3 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Raisins, or Black Candy Beads
- Stiff White Icing (store-bought tube, or you can get the recipe to make your own here.)
- 6 oz Bittersweet (or semisweet) Chocolate, (melted and cooled just a bit)
- Parchment Sheets
- Baking Sheets
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Combine the coconut, egg whites, sugar, flour, salt, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Put tablespoonfuls of the dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, about an inch or two apart.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden color.
- Let cool completely.
- Microwave chocolate in small bowl.
- Dip the TOP of each macaroon in the chocolate and place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add raisins for eyes and nose while the chocolate is still soft.
- Cool in the fridge for about 30 min.
- Add 2 small icing triangles for teeth.
- Put back in fridge for about another 30 min.
- They will last in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week. (Longer in the fridge)
You can find the macaroon recipe these Wookie Cookies are based on here at Real Simple.com.