A couple of weeks ago I featured a present wrapped as an Ewok (from M4P friend Gene Ha). Now that we are recovered from all our partying, I am keeping my promise to feature one of his other paper-folding wrappings. So today we have Yoda!
Just like the Wicket, Gene (who we are featuring for the next few weeks…check out his Kickstarter campaign here) had made the wrapping in sections so I could carefully take it apart – just enough to get the box open, and then close everything up good as new.
And just like the Wicket present, there was a matching bobble head inside.
…and stay tuned! The last present will follow soon!
- Present: Yoda Bobblehead, OR check out our Gifts or Crafts sections for other ideas
- Brown Kraft Paper
- Lime Green Paper
- White Paper
- Glue stick
I have decided not to take them apart to figure out exactly how they were made, but we can tell pretty well from the pictures.
- Wrap the box with white paper.
- Fold a green triangle-shaped paper into Yoda’s face and ears.
- Cut a piece of kraft paper that more than large enough to cover the box, fold the collar and the lapels of the tunic.
- Cut, fold and tape, 2 belts in kraft paper. (One slightly smaller for under the tunic, and one larger to hold everything together)
- Slide all clothing pieces into place. Do not tape to the box – you’ll want everything to be able to slide off.
- Glue head in place.