It’s the day of the Star Wars birthday party. 20 kids and adults are coming any second. You are running around like Jar Jar Binks – tripping over lightsabers, and stepping on Lego ships (OUCH!), trying to get things in order. Imagine how relieved you will be that at least all your TIE fighters are in formation (from the night before), just waiting to be served. 1 less thing to worry about on the day of the party (YEAY!). AND the batch is party-sized – there is enough food here to feed a whole squadron of Bucketheads (TIE fighter pilots).
This recipe is based on this American-Italian Pasta Salad from Allrecipies.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Bow-TIE Pasta
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 (.7 ounce) package Dry Italian-Style Salad Dressing Mix
- 1.5 cup Frozen Petite Peas, Thawed
- 1 large can of Sliced Black Olives
- 2 cups cubed Genoa Salami
- 1 cup chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- Make day before!
- In a large pot, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water, drain, and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and Italian dressing mix.
- Whisk together until smooth, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and cooled pasta, peas, olives, salami, green onions, and parsley.
- Mix in dressing.
- Let sit overnight in fridge. Stir before serving.
- Serves 20
Do a half or even quarter size batch if you are making it for your family, but keep in mind that left overs are a good thing – the bow-TIE fighter pasta salad is even better on the 3rd day.