Brash, handsome, sullen and a total know-it-all. Anakin is devastatingly charming when he wants to be, but seems to have a big chip on his shoulder the rest of the time.
There is a lot of Anakin bashing regarding the prequels, but I think most of it is unfair. If you think about it, Anakin behaves pretty much like any normal teenagers (he was about 19 in Attack of the Clones). He struggles with insecurity, while at the same time he acts like he is infallible and invincible. He knows he has this amazing ability, but like most kids, does not have a clue how to appropriately use his talent.
I really believe he was supposed to be annoying… and serve a scary example of what can happen to your kids if they fall under the wrong influence. So-called “smart” and “good” kids can make horribly bad decisions too.
There are rumors that Hayden Christensen will return as Darth Vader in Rogue One! I certainly hope that is true. …and if James Earl Jones was the voice again…how insanely cool would that be?
Today marks the 50th (WOW, we have made 50 of these!!!) of our Perler bead/cross stitch/crochet/knitting/Lego/pixel/mosaic patterns.
NOTE: We spent A LOT of time making these designs, and are absolutely thrilled to see that they are becoming so popular, but we want to remind you that we should get credit when they are used. So, if you show your work using our designs anywhere (online as well), put a “Pattern © Anette Nam Design” and link to “Maythefourthbewithyouparty.com” somewhere close by. THANK YOU! … and as always, you may not sell any products made with these patterns.
Needed if you make Perler Bead Coasters:
- Perler Beads
- Tweezers (optional)
- Perler Clear Pegboards
- Removable Tape
- Printout of Pattern (download above image)
- Baking Parchment Paper (Perler Ironing Paper)
- Heavy Object with Flat Bottom
- Cork sheets with Adhesive Backs
- Scissors or X-acto Knife
- Bantha Milk (optional)
- Download and print out the pattern provided (mirror it, if you only plan on ironing on only 1 side).
- Cut out, then tape pattern to the back of the Perler Pegboard so the dots line up with the pegs.
- Add the Perler beads (tweezers are pretty handy if you don’t have a 6 yr old’s tiny fingers).
- Carefully move pegboard to ironing board, place parchment (or Perler ironing paper) on top.
- Iron until the beads start melting together (If you have never done this before, it might take some practice to get it “just right”).
- Let cool for a bit, remove from Perler Pegboard and remove paper.
- Optional: turn over, cover with parchment paper and iron on other side. (put something solid and heatproof underneath to make ironing easier)
- If you only iron on 1 side, place it under something flat and heavy while it cools, to avoid curving.
- Cut cork about 1/4” smaller than the square, affix to the back.
- Don’t forget the Bantha milk. Enjoy!
Usually people iron on both sides of the Perler bead design, but I prefer to only do the back. The designs look crisper and more “pixely”. With the cork on the back, I have not had any problems with the coasters falling apart, but feel free to iron yours on both sides.
Note, if you only plan on iron on only 1 side, you need to mirror the pattern.
Also, the coasters are pretty hard to clean, so try not to get anything too gunky in there.
Perler Beads – Black
Perler Beads – Red
Perler Beads – Tan
Perler Beads – Light Brown
Perler Beads – White
Perler Beads – Sand
Perler Beads – Butterscotch
Perler Beads – Dark Blue
Perler Bead – Pastel Yellow
Perler Beads Clear Square Pegboards 4 Pack
Perler Fun Fusion Ironing Paper 6/Pkg-
Darice Adhesive Backed Cork Tiles (This is a bit thicker than what I used, but I can’t find the same kind I got)
Feel free to use these patterns for any personal use – but please do not sell items made with them. Also, feel free to link to this blog so others can download the pattern, but do not download and then re-upload in order to offer them as downloads on your own site/blog. THANKS!
3 thoughts on “Anakin (Padawan) Perler Pixel Pattern”
I’m so glad you think that the hate on Anakin is mostly undeserved! He is a complex character that many people just don’t understand.
Agreed! Sure, there are a lot of things I don’t like about the prequels, but I there are also a lot of things that are really nice, and people tend forget about those!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Darth Vader Perler Pixel Pattern | May the Fourth be with You Party