I have mentioned that my son wants to be a Jawa for this year’s May the Fourth be with You Party. With the costume (almost) done, I could finally do my planned Jawa Java post! There were just a few problems:
- My son was terrified of the coffee. He kept shrieking he didn’t like it. I had a really hard time convincing him that, not only did he not have to drink it, in fact I didn’t even want him to taste it.
- I have not been able to get the glowing eyes working for the costume yet.
- My local store no longer carries the C-3PO Coffee-Mate creamer. They still had lots just a couple of weeks ago.
- We broke the Hubby’s favorite stormtrooper mug a few weeks ago.
So creative problem solving and negotiating had to be done:
- Once I promised my son he could play with the blaster, and keep it on the table, the coffee was no longer a threat.
- Glowing digital eyeballs were “borrowed” from a real Jawa and inserted into our picture.
- Regular Coffe-Mate creamer was bought, label removed, and a screen shot of Coffee-Mate’s official shot of the Star Wars bottle was superimposed. Gotta love Photoshop!
- Luckily, I already bought a new mug for the Hubby for his birthday (which is not for a while yet), so I carefully unwrapped it, used it, cleaned it, and wrapped it back up again. Don’t tell him!
Note: I promise I will post more pictures and a complete DIY post on how we made the Jawa costume!
- Gevalia Coffee (My FAVE!)
- Coffee-Mate Star Wars Creamer
- Sugar (optional)
- Stormtrooper Mug
- Wookiee Cookies
- Make STRONG coffee. If it does’t make you shudder, and scream WUTINI in a falsetto voice, it is NOT strong enough.
- Add creamer and sugar to taste.
- If you give it to your 4-year-old, make sure he has a blaster to protect himself…