No proper Star Wars party should be without a Star Wars Cantina or Chalmun’s Cantina, as it is actually called. Cos-play can be serious work, and lots of costumes are really warm (just ask my daughter after wearing her Chewie costume for 4 hours). So you need to make sure your guests are well hydrated. Just promise that all lightsabers are checked at the entrance – we suspect all your guests will want to leave with all their limbs intact.
- The Bar: At the parties our kitchen is usually pretty full of food, So we set up the bar in the laundry room. We cover the washer and dryer with a black tablecloth, and arrange the bar on top. It works pretty well. (I will make sure I get a picture of this next time around)
- The Music: It’s not a Cantina without the Cantina music. The M4P audio-visual master (hubby) made a loop of the “Cantina Band” and “Cantina Band #2” tracks so they play continuously throughout the night. Of course, this would be incredibly annoying if the bar was in the main living area, but since the laundry room is off to the side, you only have to listen to it while refreshing your drinks.
- The Decor: Jedi master Heidi made this themed centerpiece. We also place a stack of M4P Star Wars Coasters at the bar, as well as place a bunch throughout the house.
- Make sure to check our Tosche-ese station out too, it complements the Cantina perfectly.
- Cloud City Punch with Minimum Falcon Ice
- Bantha Milk
- Lemonyoda 1
- Leomonyoda 2
- Yoda Soda and Darth Pop
- Hoth Chocolate
- Empire and Rebel Wine (downloadable labels)
Of course there should also be some options just for the adults. We usually have beer and wine, but we have not made any Star Wars-y versions of them yet.
Other Things that are Needed in a Cantina:
- Sign… Feel free to download our (at the top of this blog)!
- M4P Star Wars Coasters
- (Han) Solo Cups
- Death Star Ice Cubes (and other Star Wars shaped ice cubes)
- Star Wars Napkins
- Star Wars Bottle Opener
- Red and Green Light Saber Straws
- Star Wars: Episode IV Audio CD (for looping Cantina Music)